Friday, November 15, 2013

Week of November 18th


  THANK YOU to all the parents and grandparents who came to volunteer their time in our classroom this week.  I cannot tell you how much the kids loved having you.  We have several time slots next week that are open to more parent volunteers.  Please let me know if you would be available during any of these times.
  We have finished the dyslexia screening.  During the screening, I observed several skills that I will be working on with your children on an individual basis.  I will also be sending home extra practice and enrichment activities to make sure your child is performing to their fullest potential.  On Monday, I will be sending home their progress in reading fluency as well as a letter that details specific skills that needs to be worked on.  Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns in these areas.   

Volunteer Times:
Monday:  2:15 - 2:40 (Read a Thanksgiving Story)
Tuesday:  11:00-12:00 (centers)
Wednesday:  11:00-12:00 (centers)
Thursday:  11:00-12:00 (centers)

Materials needed for this week:  cooking/thanksgiving stickers for our cookbooks (need on Monday)

Here are a few reminders:
-  P.E. is Monday.  Make sure to wear BDS athletic outfits.
-  Wear your jersey on Friday.
-  All library books will need to be turned in on Friday.


Spelling Words:  chew, few, grew, stew, break, dream, team, peak, harvest, celebrate

Language Arts / Reading:  I have several activities planned for this week.  We will be "Saving a Turkey" through the writing process and craft, creating a Thanksgiving cookbook on our favorite meals, finishing up our chapter books with AR tests, and working on our fluency.  The students will also be taking the Star Reader test through out the week.

Math:  We will continue adding and subtracting two-digit numbers.  The kiddos will also be introduced to adding with regrouping.  Please make sure you are working with your child on their math homework.

Science:  I am super excited about our Thanksgiving science experiment that I have planned.  I know the kids are going to LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment