Monday, September 23, 2013

Writing Activity

The students are working really hard to write sentences.  Here is a sample of what they wrote today.  We read chapter seven in the book, Afternoon on the Amazon by Mary Pope Osborne.  In the story, Jack and Annie were being threatened by a jaguar.  The students were given the following writing prompt:  What would you do if a jaguar was chasing you?  Why?

Here are a few writing samples from today:

Sutton - If a jaguar was chasing me, I would run to Mississippi.  I would run to Mississippi because the military is there to help me.

Annie - If a jaguar was chasing me, I would run to a temple.  I would run to a temple because it is hidden.

Lucy - If a jaguar was chasing me, I would jump on its back.  I would jump on its back because it will distract it.

Sanders - If a jaguar was chasing me, I would go to another country!  I would go to another country because people might help me.

Collin -  If a jaguar was chasing me, I would light a torch.  I would light a torch because jaguars do not like fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment