Friday, January 24, 2014

Week of January 27th

We have had a very busy week!  Several times this week, I found myself cracking up over some of the comments the kiddos would make.  For example, one child missed a spelling word because he forgot one letter.  His response was, "Mrs. Tiffany!  There was just no more room in my storage for that 'r'!"  I  cannot get over the incredible joy these kids bring to my day.

Here are a few reminders:
-  Our book for the next unit is "Thea Stilton and the Prince's Emerald" by Geronimo Stilton.  If you would like for me to order you a book, please send $7.50 to school on Monday.  I will have to order these books on Monday.
-  Please continue sending in the supplies to build the school dragon (boxes, bright red and gold paper, red and gold crepe paper, and red and gold tissue paper) which will be built on Wednesday.
-  The students will need to bring $8 for our Chinese celebration.  Please see Kelly's newsletter if you missed the details on this envelope activity Rosemary is putting together for us.
-   I will need parent volunteers Wednesday at 9:00 to help us build our dragon.  Please let me know if you will be able to come and help out.
-  Everyone is invited to come and participate in the Chinese festival Thursday at 1:00.
-  We will have a unit culmination on Friday. The K-3 performance will be at 1 and the 4-8 performance will be at 1:45.

Here is a sneak peek at our week:

Language Arts:  The kids have been working really hard on their writing.  This week, we will continue working on writing in paragraph form.  I will also introduce them to contractions.  Because of all the festivities this week, we will NOT be having a spelling test.

Math:  I will be introducing fractions in Math this week.  The kids will participate in a Hershey activity that will allow them to visualize equal parts, halves, quarters, and fourths.  I will need 16 full size Hershey bars for this activity on Friday.  Please let me know if you can help bring these candy bars.

I know this blog is FULL of information.  Please contact me if you have ANY questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment